Summer is quickly coming to an end, leaving us a with a very limited amount of time left to break out the denim skirts and bodycon dresses. The end of summer also means one last month of some of the best foods of the season: ice cream, deep-fried festival favorites and churros galore.
How do you eat your life away but also feel confident in your tight summer outfit essentials? One of the best remedies to banish bloating can be found right at your local grocery store.
Apple cider vinegar may taste a tad sour, but the anti-bloating benefits are unreal. While you should only consume apple cider vinegar in small amounts, incorporating it into your daily routine may not only reduce bloating, but lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of diabetes, according to Heathline editor, Kris Gunnars.
If you have a big event to prepare for and need a little anti-bloating remedy, VALLEY has you covered. Prepare the drink below the night or morning before your day to help banish bloating.
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw, organic honey
- Half the juice from a lemon or lime
- Sugar substitute (optional)
What You’ll Do
- Prepare a glass of cold water.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to your water, and stir until water is clear.
- Add the honey and stir well.
- Roll out the lemon or lime on a flat surface, then slice off a wedge.
- Squeeze into water, stir and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite anti-bloating remedies? Tweet us @VALLEYmag!