Thanksgiving is one the best holidays of the year for an obvious reason â€” food, duh. Thereâ€™s turkey, mashed potatoes, homemade gravy and, of course, pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie go hand in hand. The meal is just not complete until you indulge in that delicious slice of pumpkin perfection. But for the people who have allergies and sensitivities to food, that amazing pumpkin pie your grandma makes every year for Thanksgiving is just a horrible tease. Some of the most common food allergies are to gluten, dairy and nuts, which unfortunately happen to be the main components in pumpkin pie. So while everyone is ranting and raving about how freaking good that pie is during dessert, our food-sensitive friends have to sit there and nibble on the strawberries. But weâ€™ve had enough of that fruit cup nonsense. Now thanks to this grain-, dairy-, and nut-free pumpkin pie recipe, everyone can get a slice of pumpkin perfection this year without the fear of getting sick.
What You’ll Need:
Wegmanâ€™s Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Pie Crust
1 can pumpkin puree
1 cup fall fat coconut milk
Â½ cup maple syrup
1 Â½ tbsp pumpkin spice
2 tsp vanilla
What to do:
1. First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix together pumpkin puree, coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, vanilla and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
3. Pour the filling mixture into your ginger snap pie crust.
4. Bake pie in the oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
5. After 15 minutes, turn the temperature on the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for an hour.
6. Take pie out of the oven and let it cool completely before serving with whipped cream, ice cream or any other topping of your choice! (Dairy free options: coconut whipped cream or Arctic Zero Ice Cream)
Just because you have sensitivities to food shouldnâ€™t mean you have to miss out on delicious fall desserts. This pumpkin pie recipe is the perfect dessert for everyone not only because it is safe from allergens, but because itâ€™s delicious. So this Thanksgiving, take dessert into your own hands. Donâ€™t sit back and watch the wholeÂ family enjoy desserts you can only dream of having, bake this pie instead! Because even though this pie is grain-, dairy-, and nut-free, no one will be able to tell the difference.