Are you someone who enjoys snacking, but always feels guilty after blowing through a whole bag of chips? It does not need to be that way as there are so many fun, healthy, and delicious snack options that will curb those cravings. Check out these guilt-free snack ideas that are satisfyingly yummy and healthy.
You can now make your own ice cream at home with just a few simple ingredients. This super customizable yet delicious treat is the perfect alternative to any ice cream out there.
What You’ll Need:
- Frozen bananas
- Any kind of milk (VALLEY recommends vanilla soymilk)
- Any other optional flavorings
All you need to do is blend the frozen ingredients adding the milk to whatever consistency you like your ice cream to be. This is where the fun part comes in! You can flavor this nice cream any way you like. Throw some cocoa powder or vanilla extract. You can even top your bowl with some chocolate chips, fresh fruits, or granola.
2.Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies:
With the holiday season fast approaching, that means Christmas lights, decorations, hot chocolate and cookies! Throw on the Christmas music and bake these delicious cookies.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 stick of vegan butter (Earth Balance is a great brand!)
- 1/2 cup of softened creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water and 2 teaspoons of flax seeds mixed together
- 1 cup of coconut sugar (you can add less if you want)
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add and mix all the wet ingredients together until the mixture is smooth
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients
- Roll the dough into balls and place them on the baking sheet
- Use your thumb or a spoon to create a small dent in the middle of each cookie
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes (until golden brown)
- Cool the cookies down
- Add one chocolate kiss to the center of each cookie.
If you don’t wanna actually make something from scratch there are also so many healthy snack options available at any grocery store! Here are some of VALLEY’s favs.
These are a great alternative to Cheetos. Hippeas are made mainly from chickpeas and there is a variety of flavors to choose from too. You can eat the entire bag of this organic snack and not feel bad about it at all.
2. Smart Sweets:
This brand offers such good alternatives to some of our favorite candies out there. Their Swedish fish alternative really tastes like the real thing but with only 80 calories a bag and 3 grams of sugar. They also offer peach rings, gummy bears and sour watermelon gummies.
3. Plant Snacks:
If you love cheez-its or goldfish this is the perfect option for you. This snack is also completely vegan! It is made from cassava root which is filled with vitamin A.