College kids aren’t exactly known to be top chefs and that’s why we have to stick to making foods that are simple to make like Easy Mac, toast, cereal and of course, eggs. Eggs are pretty hard to screw up. Even if you’re the type of person who barely steps foot into your kitchen, you’re probably capable of making yourself some scrambled eggs. Eggs are great if you want something that is easy and delicious, but it can get pretty repetitive eating them the same old boring way all the time. That’s exactly why you need to make this foolproof Veggie Egg Frittata recipe. This egg bake is ridiculously easy to make and it is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. As long as you can crack an egg and slice some veggies, this recipe is perfect for you.
What you’ll need:
12 eggs (or egg whites if you prefer)
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
optional toppings: salt, pepper, salsa, avocado, guacamole, chives
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Crack the 12 eggs or pour your egg whites into a bowl and whisk them together.
3. Thinly slice your peppers and add them to your egg mixture.
4. Pour the eggs and veggies into a baking pan sprayed generously with non-stick spray.
5. Slice your tomato and lay the piece on top of the egg mixture.
6. Bake the frittata in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the center is firm and cooked thoroughly.
7. Take out your egg bake and cut into squared pieces and serve with toppings and enjoy!
You can add any other type of vegetables you want to this egg bake such as mushrooms, zucchini or eggplant. You can also sprinkle chopped chives on top before you bake it to add additional flavor. Pick your favorite omelet toppings and breakfast sides and eat your egg bake for any meal. The best part about this frittata is that it will last for a week wrapped and stored in the fridge. Make this frittata on Monday and you have breakfast for the rest of the week ready to go. Just because the kitchen is a foreign place to most college kids doesn’t mean we have to settle for microwave meals. This egg bake recipe is fool proof and healthy and, come on, who doesn’t like eggs?