When we see spotty bananas, we get excited. Why? Because spotty bananas mean that it’s time to bake some banana bread.
If you love bananas, you are bound to fall in love with this recipe. This banana bread is super moist and bursting with delicious banana flavor. Using coconut flour instead of regular flour gives you an extra hint of flavor in each bite. This banana bread is perfectly sweet and you can add any type of add-ins of your choice (chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit) to the batter before baking to make it your own.
With this super easy recipe, there is no electric mixer or complicated instructions required, so everyone can fulfill their nana-lovin’ dreams. So peel ’em up and get to baking.
What You’ll Need:
4 Super Ripe Bananas
½ Cup Coconut Flour
¼ Cup Almond Butter
1 Tbsp honey
½ Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt
Optional: chocolate chips
What You’ll Do:
1. In a bowl, combine your mashed bananas, honey, vanilla, almond butter and softened coconut oil and mix until well combined.
2. Add in eggs one at a time and mix together.
3. Add coconut flour, baking soda, baking power, cinnamon and salt and mix until the batter is smooth. Optional: mix in chocolate chips or other add- ins.
4. Pour batter into a greased bread pan and put in oven heated to 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
5. Take out and let cool completely before cutting into slices. This recipe yields 12 slices.
Eat a slice, or eat five— no matter what, you will be absolutely obsessed with this banana bread recipe. This bread taste delicious cold, or you can heat it up and top with melted almond butter and more banana coins because there is no such thing as too much banana. The best part? Each serving of bread is only about 170 calories. So eat up, banana-lovin’ friends.
*Gluten-free and paleo approved