If you love relaxing in a bath filled with the colors and aromas of your favorite bath bomb, but have no access to a tub at school, VALLEY has the perfect solution.
Shower bombs, aka shower melts, give off the same soothing scents, right in your bathroom at school! This perfect addition to your self-care routine requires only a few inexpensive ingredients and 20 minutes of your time to create an endless combination of scents.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- Essential oils
- A mold (ice cube trays or cupcake tins work!)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Citric acid (adds fizzing effect, optional)
What You’ll Do
- Mix dry ingredients until combined
- Add essential oils
- Add water and optional food coloring. The consistency should feel like damp sand and should be able to hold shape. If it’s too dry, add more water; if too wet, add more corn starch.
- Let dry for 24–48 hours, then store in dry environment (try storing your shower bombs in mason jars — cute and effective!).
- Enjoy your finished product! Place steamers away from drain and direct running water for best results.
Suggested Essential Oil Combos
Wake Up: lemon (10 drops), lime (10 drops), lavender (10 drops), peppermint (5 drops)
Energizing: lemon (20 drops), bergamot (20 drops), sweet orange (20 drops)
Calming: rose (30 drops), lemon (10 drops), lavender (10 drops)
Sleeping: lavender (20 drops), chamomile (10 drops)
Decongesting: peppermint (10 drops), eucalyptus (10 drops)
Or make your own combo!
Pro Tips: If you use an ice cube tray as your mold, make sure to thoroughly wash it after use to remove traces of the essential oil. Consider buying a mold with fun shapes for the purpose of making your melts! You can use any essential oil you may already have, including the ones for your diffuser. If you don’t have any already, you can find them at most department and convenience stores like Walmart and Target, or online.