Halloween means candy. And here at Valley, we LOVE candy. So naturally, we want to share with you all the ways you can incorporate candy into every aspect of your life this Halloween season. We don’t know what it is about the Original Chex Mix exactly, but all we know is that once you start eating it, you cannot stop. You either shovel it in by the handful or pick out your favorite parts, but either way you never want to stop munching. So inspired by the addictive nature of this party stack, we created three Halloween themed Chex Mix recipes that give you ALL the candy, all the flavors and all the Halloween fun.
Peanut Butter Monster Munch
1. Take Corn Chex Cereal and pour it into a bowl.
2. Melt together 1 cup chocolate chips, ½ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup butter together until smooth, take it out of the microwave and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
3. Pour mixture over cereal and then put the coated cereal into a big plastic bag. Add in powered sugar and shake.
4. Lay out the mixture on parchment paper and let it cool.
5. In a large bowl combine, Peanut M+M’s, Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Salted Peanuts, Caramel Kettle Corn, Candy Corn and Pretzels and cooled cereal mixture and munch away!
1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat one bag of green candy melts in the microwave until chips are completely melted.
2. Pour the melts over Rice Chex Cereal and stir until evenly coated.
3. Spread over wax paper and add purple and green colored sprinkles on top and let cool.
4. In a bowl, mix together Sour Gummy Worms, Candy Corn, chocolate of your choice and the cereal mix.
5. Eat with caution, Zombies may appear.
For this mix you’ll need Pretzels, Honey Nut Cheerios, Corn Chex, Peanuts, Candy Corn M+M’s, Candy Corn, White Chocolate chips and vegetable oil.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the white chocolate chips and oil for 60 seconds.
2. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds and stir completely until melted.
3. Pour white chocolate over cereal mix and stir until all cereal is covered completely and spread mix on 2 large baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
4. Let them cool and enjoy!
Serve these mixes at parties or make a batch all for yourself. It’s a fact that cavities and calories don’t exist on Halloween, so go forth and eat all the Zombie Bait your heart desires.