DIY projects are usually easier said than done. We’ve all tried to bake amazing Pinterest cookies and ended up with sad, burnt excuses for what we were trying to make. Valley has finally found a DIY project that us non-artists can actually do. These DIY Sharpie mugs are cute, easy and way cheaper than making mugs at a pottery shop.
What you’ll need:
Plain white mug (cheap ones work best)
What to do:
1. Start by thoroughly washing and drying your mug. Then, pick a design that you want to draw on your mug.
2. Draw the design on your mug with a pencil. The pencil lines will easily wash off when your mug is done.
3. Use your oil-based Sharpies to go over your penciled design. Make sure you’re using oil-based since regular Sharpie designs will wash off after a few uses.
4. Let your mug dry for at least eight hours.
5. Bake your mug in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure you keep your mug in the oven from when you first turn it on until it is completely cool to avoid cracking.
6. Wash your mug to get rid of any excess paint flakes or pencil marks.
7. Pour some tea or wrap up your mug and give it to a friend.
Tada, you’ve finally successfully completed a DIY project! These mugs are quick and easy and make adorable gifts. Try making one this spring for your favorite Penn State grad!