Bored at home like the rest of us? Have you just finished “Tiger King” and “All American” and want to look for something new? You’ve come to the right place.
Here are VALLEY-approved picks for the most underrated Netflix shows that you should watch this quarantine. And besides, what else do you have to do?
If you’re a fan of “Euphoria”
- “Elite” (Originally set in Spain) — It’s got the same level of drama as “Euphoria” but with a murder mystery twist.
- “The Society” — A group of teens have to learn to survive on their own after all the adults in their town go missing. This confusing, yet interested show’s drama and characters make it definitely worth the watch.
If you’re a fan of “The Vampire Diaries”
- “Originals” (Very similar cast — also, who doesn’t love Joseph Morgan?) — This show is different from TVD but in the same universe, in case you want an escape from reality for a little while.
- “Legacies” (A spinoff of the TVD character’s kids and easy to binge-watch) — The first two seasons of this show are on Netflix, so give them a watch. Again, this takes place in the same world as TVD, and actually has a female main character capable of saving herself (cough, cough, Elena Gilbert).
If you’re a fan of “The Fosters”
- “Spinning Out“ (Easy to binge, only one season out) — There’s a very similar family-drama dynamic as “The Fosters,” as it revolves around figure skaters trying to get to the Olympics while also dealing with their own personal (mental and physical) health issues.
If you’re in the mood for a post-apocalyptic series
- “The 100” — This is based off of a book, and the series is post-apocalyptic and unexpected. It’s action-packed and complex, but a great new series to start.
- “iZombie” — This is a little bit more light-hearted than “The 100,” but very easy to binge watch. Robert Buckley from “One Tree Hill” plays the lead of the show’s love interest. If you miss Clay Evans as much as we do, you should give this a watch.
If you watched “Pretty Little Liars” when you were younger…
- “How to Get Away with Murder” — A group of law students deal with their own drama in and outside the courtroom. There’s also flashbacks signaling that they’re all involved in a murder plot. The series kind of goes downhill after the second season, but if you want to kill some time, give this a watch.
- “Scream” — This cheesy MTV show has great first two seasons (don’t bother watching the third season, they change the cast), but it’s another murder mystery that will keep you on your toes and characters who you keep yelling at to “run!”.
- “Dynasty” — Everything that Liz Gillies does is amazing, but her role as Fallon Carrington in this soapy drama is another level. Her one-liners and dramatic moments make this show the underrated gem that it is.
If you have any more picks of underrated shows that you love, tweet us at @VALLEYmag.