Penn State, it’s time to accept that the temperatures have dropped. We knew it would happen, we just didn’t want to accept it.
But fear not, VALLEY has the recipe for something that will heat you right up—Pumpkin Turkey Chili. Chili is the perfect meal to whip up while the winds are whipping outside. A big, warm bowl of chili will warm you up almost instantly. The best thing about this recipe is that it’s extremely delicious and is still healthy. The replacement of red meat with turkey makes it a heart-healthy meal.
And to step up the game even more, VALLEY has a twist on the classic. Try out this festive chili recipe just in time for Halloween!
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onions
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 dash salt
What You’ll Do
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Sauté the onion, bell pepper and garlic
- After the onion and pepper have cooked, stir in the ground turkey and cook until it turns brown
- Drain the skillet and mix in the tomatoes and pumpkin
- Add in the chili powder, pepper and salt
- After mixing, reduce the stove heat to low
- Cover the skillet and let simmer for about 20 minutes
The best part? It’s super quick and easy to make. Last but not least— enjoy!