PSL season is upon us! The Fall favorite drink is back, and that means lines at the Starbucks in the HUB will be extra ridiculous as everyone tries to get their fix before class.
Avoid the long lines and save money by creating your own at home. Valley has an easy recipe that will have you saying ‘Starbucks who?’
What you will need:
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (save extra for sprinkling on top)
1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup of strong brewed coffee
(optional) whipped cream
1.Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Place plastic wrap over the bowl and poke a small hole in the plastic wrap.
3. Microwave until the milk is hot (about 1 to 2 minutes).
4. Whisk vigorously until the mixture is foamy (about 30 seconds).
5. Pour the coffee into a large mug or tumbler cup and add the foamed milk.
6. Put as much whipped cream as you wish and sprinkle a little (or a lot) of pumpkin pie spice.
You can follow the recipe as guided or switch out the milk to your dietary preference (i.e almond milk). Don’t like whipped cream? Skip it and double the amount of sprinkling or add in some espresso for that extra boost.
However you choose to make your own pumpkin spice latte, you’ll be saving money and making it to class on time with your delicious homemade latte!