Halloween is creeping up so quickly! VALLEY is here to fill your October with fun and spooky activities that allow you to socially distance while getting in the holiday season.
1. Watch “Coraline.”
2. Make your own creepy Coraline Doll like this one.
3. Go Apple picking at Harner Farm!
This is a great way to support a local business and hang out (socially distanced) with friends!
4. Watch “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”
5. If you’re feeling really crafty, make these diy “floating” candles!
6. Watch “Hocus Pocus.”
7. Make this Pumpkin Ale Ice Cream Float.
8. Watch “The Addams Family.”
9. Watch “Beetlejuice.”
10. Make this Pumpkin Spice Pinnacle Cider.
A shaky tutorial at best, but the drink looks delicious!
11. Watch “The Corpse Bride.”
12. Use this method to bleach tie-dye a black hoodie or t-shirt.
13. Watch “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
14. Make Cody Ko’s pumpkin bread French toast.
15. Visit all the haunted places on campus and around State College.
Find a list of them all here!
16. Put together a Halloween playlist.
There aren’t too many Halloween-specific songs, so try getting creative with it! Add in songs that give off a spooky or ominous vibe.
17. Make a Paper Bat Garland like the one here.
18. Watch “Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
19. Pick out pumpkins at Harner Farm.
20. Carve the pumpkin from Harner Farm!
If you don’t have a carving kit, use acrylic and puff paint. Try making cute Penn State designs!
21. Make these pumpkin spice cutout cookies.
22. Have a DIY costume-making night with friends over Zoom.
23. Check out some horror podcasts such as “The NoSleep Podcast” or “Lore.”
Note: These are not for the faint of heart!
24. Play this social media drinking game… but feel free to make up more of your own rules!
25. Make and mail out Halloween cards to your friends and family.
This one helps save the post office and is Covid-friendly!
26. Work on your Halloween makeup looks with friends over Zoom.
27. Get a deck of Tarot cards and learn how to do readings… practice on your roommates!
28. Make candy corn vodka shots like these ones.
29. Pull out ye ol’ Ouija board and start speaking to the spirits!
30. Have a Halloween manicure night with your roommates.
31. Celebrate! Don’t forget to include a mask with your costume and to socially distance to keep State College safe!
We want to see your costumes and festivities! Tag your Halloween posts #VALLEYhalloween!