For many, this routine has become the rhythm of our daily lives. From week to week we march to this rhythm, relatively content with the comfort that comes with that regularity. But sometimes, we itch for a change. Sometimes, we get bored.
The easiest way to spice up a mundane routine is to add a few fun surprises as we go about our day. Small changes can make a big difference, and Valley has some ideas to change it up.
1. Try a fun new lip color – Covergirl’s Outlast Lipstain comes in 10 unique colors, each one less than $10.
2. Order something from Starbucks you have never tried before. – Ever had their salted caramel mocha? Mmmm.
3. Switch up your route to class – Walk through a part of campus you don’t usually frequent.
4. Try a new Pandora or iTunes Radio station – You never know what new music you’ll discover.
5. Rearrange your room – Small changes such as switching your dresser and your desk can make your place feel fresh and exciting.
6. If you’re feeling bold, go for a new haircut – This one is for the risk takers.
7. Study in a building you have never been in before – There are great study spaces in Davey Lab and the Henderson building.
8. Watch a new show on Netflix – Orange is the New Black or Scandal.
9. Wash your sheets – Crawling into bed that night will make you feel like a new person.
10. Go see a movie in theaters – Save it for a day when you need to get away. Grab some popcorn and a large soda and escape for an hour or two.
11.Paint your nails a new color – or better yet, treat yourself to a manicure
12. Call a family member or friend – choose someone you haven’t talked to in a while and catch up.
13. Organize your closet – Get rid of the things you no longer wear and take them down to The Attic for some extra cash.
14. Treat yourself to a new shirt or fun dress – It’s OK to splurge on yourself once and a while.
15. Give yourself a facial – Find a facemask cream that works for you at CVS or Walmart, or try one of our DIY recipes.
Photo by Ziyan Sha