Apple crisp requires very little time and energy, perfect for the everyday college student, and tastes delicious. For a quick autumn treat that will impress friends and family, follow the recipe below. After 30 minutes you’ll have an easy dessert of bubbling apples covered with a crunchy, sweet topping.
What You’ll Need:
5 cups McIntosh apples
2-4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup regular rolled oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup butter or margarine
What to do:
1. Peel and slice McIntosh apples
2. Sprinkle granulated sugar over apples and place in a 9×9 baking dish
3. In a separate bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add softened butter and mix with hands until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
5. Bake at 375˚ for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden, and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Photos by Alex O’Brien, Amelia Friedrichs