While pumpkin-spiced lattes seem to satisfy our inner pumpkin cravings temporarily, this pumpkin crunch cake is sure to put all your cravings to shame. Start off the autumn season with this easy-to-make cake that’s sure to please family and friends.
This pumpkin cake starts with a crunchy pecan layer on top, with a slightly crumbly cake layer below that. And last, but certainly not least, a thick layer of sweet pumpkin custard on the bottom. Just the smell of this cake baking will surely result in a roommate migration to the kitchen.
What you need:
1 package yellow cake mix
1 can solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
1 ½ cups sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup melted butter
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease bottom of 9×13 pan
3. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large-sized bowl
4. Pour pumpkin batter into pan
5. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture
6. Top with pecans
7. Drizzle with melted butter
8. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden.
9. Serve with whipped topping
Writer’s tip: If center still appears slightly jiggly, it is most likely still cooked. Let the cake set up for at least 20 minutes after removed from the oven.
Whether this sweet treat is for a study break or a group of friends, Valley wants to know how your cake turned out! Let us know below or tag us on Instagram @valleymag.
Photos by Amelia Friedrichs