With finals on the horizon, not to mention the election that just shocked the world, we are all in need of a relaxing, good ol’ fashion Thanksgiving dinner. But inevitably, you will be required to provide at least one dessert or be stuck doing all of the clean up. Here is one of Valley‘s go-tos for an easy, yet delicious dessert.
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 and 1/4 cup of sour cream
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 cups of diced, fresh (or frozen) strawberries
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
What you’ll do
1. If you are using frozen strawberries, let them defrost and then cut them up. After, pour the lemon juice on them and set them aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line the cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
3. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
4. Pour the sour cream and vanilla into a smaller bowl. Add one egg at a time and whisk in between each one until smooth.
5. Pour the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture and stir together until combined.
6. Add strawberries in 1/2 cup at a time to make it easier to stir in.
7. Pour mixture into the cupcake liners evenly. If there are any extra strawberries, you can add more to the top of the cupcakes during this process.
8. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
9. When the cupcakes are done, wait 5 minutes for them to cool down and sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on them for a more appealing look.
Not a fan of strawberries? Switch them out for cranberries for a holiday feel! For an extra kick, add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the dry mixture.
This recipe makes about 24 cupcakes, perfect for a friendsgiving dinner! Everyone at Valley loves cupcakes so if you want to share pictures of this recipe, tweet us @ValleyMag!