Finding a job as a college student can be tough. Our schedules are often conflicted because of classes, other activities and some of us just simply don’t have the time. Seeing friends and fellow students get lucky enough to find the perfect part-time job can be a bit of a downer. Well, what if I told you I’ve found the perfect solution to this dilemma, and it’s been in your home this entire time?
You know all of the clothes that have been sitting in your closet, taking up space and not ever being worn? Sell them! This isn’t another scenario where a trip to the nearest thrift shop results in earning six dollars for a brand new J. Crew sweater. I’m talking about the growing industry of online thrifting. There’s a little gem in your mobile phone’s app store called “Poshmark” and it can lead to a fuller wallet in minutes.
I started “poshing” on Jan. 2 of this year and I’ve already earned about $500. Poshmark is something that all of us have access to and I’m sure everyone would love to make more room in their closets while earning some extra cash. The app isn’t just for clothes, you can sell shoes and accessories on it as well. Poshmark allows you to keep 80% of your listing prices and the app also handles all shipping expenses. However, there are some steps to follow in order to make a successful sale. Don’t worry, I’m here to guide you!
1. ONLY choose items to sell that have been gently worn or never worn at all.
2. Add clear photos that show your items in full detail.
3. Be honest in your item descriptions.
4. Engage with other Poshmark users and share their items to your newsfeed.
6. Be quick to reply to interested buyers and be prepared to negotiate prices.
7. Package your items in USPS Priority Mail boxes in order to not delay shipping time.