The end of the fall semester means the holidays are approaching, also meaning your nights will be filled with potlucks and Friendsgivings! It’s easy to bring a store bought item to a friend’s house, but if you want to contribute the most delicious dish, Valley’s got you covered!
Bringing a home-cooked meal that tastes just like Mom’s will make everyone thankful for you this Thanksgiving. Our Bolognese sauce recipe is easy, inexpensive and takes less than 40 minutes to prepare! Follow this simple recipe to satisfy any college student’s desire for a home cooked meal.
What you’ll need
1 box of pasta
1 pound of ground beef
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1-2 whole tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1 pinch of crushed red pepper
How you’ll make it
1. Start by mincing the garlic and finely cutting the onion
2. Put some olive oil into a saucepan over medium heat and add in the garlic and onions
3. Be careful not to burn the garlic!
4. After the onions and garlic are lightly sautéed, add the pound of ground beef
5. Wait until the ground beef is brown, and then add the can of crushed tomatoes
6. Chop up the tomatoes and add them to the sauce
7. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper
8. Cover your pan with a lid and let the sauce cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
9. Don’t forget to cook your pasta while the sauce is cooking!
Enjoy this recipe with friends, family or by yourself when you are in need of a home cooked meal. Because who said you couldn’t have quality food in college?
Try this recipe and tag @ValleyMag in your Instagram!