November is a wonderful time here in Happy Valley. November means the semester is coming to an end. November means Fall Break is coming soon. November means endless mashed potatoes, turkey and pumpkin pie. But what is Valley‘s favorite part about November? Definitely Friendsgiving.
For those of you that aren’t familiar with Friendsgiving, it might be even better than real Thanksgiving. Every year, different clubs, organizations and friend groups get together to plan Friendsgiving feasts the week before break. One will bring the turkey, another will bring the pie, but what should you bring?
Valley suggests you make Pilgrim hats. They’re easy, cute and absolutely delicious. And the only appliance you need is a microwave so they are the perfect dorm room treat!
Get ready to change the Friendsgiving game with this easy recipe:
What You Need:
What To Do:
1. Begin by placing the cookies chocolate-covered side up on a sheet of parchment paper. The cookies resemble the brim of the hat.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir about every 40 seconds to make sure that all the chocolate is melted.
3. Stick a toothpick through the top of a marshmallow and swirl the marshmallow in the melted chocolate, Make sure that the entire marshmallow is covered. You may need to use a few toothpicks to get the marshmallow out of the bowl so your hands don’t get covered in chocolate.
4. Place the chocolate-covered marshmallow in the middle of a cookie. Repeat Steps 3-4 until desired amount is made.
5. Allow the chocolate to harden. Once hardened, draw a yellow square on the front of each marshmallow. This resembles the buckle on a pilgrim hat.
6. Allow the frosting to dry. Enjoy!
Friendsgiving will surely be a blast when you rip out these pilgrim hats for dessert. Valley has a lot to be thankful for, and we sure are thankful for simple, festive recipes like this one. Happy Friendsgiving from the Valley family to yours!