Fall has cast its spell over Happy Valley. The girls have become even more “basic” or whatever, the air has turned crisp (not really, but let’s pretend) and everyone’s favorite color is now orange.
Some of us may take on fall too intensely, though. It’s great to enjoy it while it’s here, but try taking it down a notch as to not scare yourself (and others) when you take a step back and look at the obsessive craz-o you’ve become.
Valley presents 10 signs that you’re way too excited for fall:
1. Even though it’s still decently warm out, you choose to wear jeans, oversized sweaters and boots to classes despite definite sweating. But you’ve thought of everything- a bottle of marshmallow pumpkin latte body spray is in your bag, preparing itself to mask your B.O.
2. You wish and wish that Hagrid will come to your apartment with his “Yer a wizard” speech. But since that’s unrealistic, you settle for pretending you’re a troubled witch who has to hide her powers among the world of college humans.
3. A pumpkin’s been sitting on the island in your kitchen since September 1. You named it “Pumpy,” and created a whole personality for it in your head. Pumpy’s quirky, but also there for you when you need her.
4. You call it “autumn” when everyone else in real life calls it fall.
5. You have pumpkin spice creamer, pumpkin spice lotion, pumpkin spice perfume, pumpkin spice shampoo, pumpkin spice gum, pumpkin spice socks, pumpkin spice toothpaste and pumpkin spice pasta.
6.You’ve visited the arboretum so many times that you’ve actually been able to document the leaves’ color transformation and make a picstitch of it.
7. You’ve instagrammed your caramel apple in a cup creation from the farmer’s market and captioned it “falling for fall.”
8. Your pumpkin blood swirl cupcake and apple cinnamon leaf donut candle are burnt to the bottom already and it’s hardly even October.
9. You use spells from Harry Potter in everyday life. “Accio cell-phone charger!”
10. Halloween is weeks away and you already have made seven different costumes from Pinterest ideas. Avoid being a tampon, though. Just throw that one away.
Let’s face it. We are all probably guilty of at least a couple of these (cough, cough number nine). And it’s okay because it’s fall, and we’re siked and we don’t care who knows it! (Elf remix, anyone?)