How many times have you heard someone say (or we ourselves have said) something is “so State”? Probably more than we care to admit. But, that’s how Penn Staters are. We love our school and all the quirks that make it undeniably “State.” There are simply some things that only Penn Staters can relate to and appreciate. Here are some of our favorites.
You know you’re a Penn Stater when…
1. You celebrate and break out the shorts when the weather for the day gets all the way up to 30 degrees.
2. More than half of your friend group is from “just outside of Philly.”
3. You go months without making a Wawa run.
4. You’re shocked to hear that pizza isn’t a dollar a slice everywhere.
5. Either your doctor, dentist or neighbor is an alumni.
6. You spend Christmas break explaining to relatives what THON is.
7. You visit another school and have to try not to make a rude comment about how small their football stadium looks. “Oh… your stadium doesn’t hold 107,000?”
8. Seeing the following image induces nausea and vomiting:
9. The words “classes” and “cancelled” are never in the same sentence unless the word “not” is nestled between them.
10. You blame everything on the NCAA sanctions. Bad hair day? Sanctions. Failed an exam? Sanctions.
11. You tell someone where you go to school and they respond with, “Oh! So do you know ___?” and you never do. Uhh, there are well over 40,000 of us…
12. You plan on making your future children hold on to a rope anytime you go somewhere.
13. You celebrate made up holidays.
14. No matter what time it is, Michigan still sucks.
15. You feel like you’re in The Hunger Games the morning football season tickets go on sale. Set your alarm early, keep clicking refresh and may the odds be ever in your favor.
16. Someone starts a sentence with the words “We are,” no matter what the context, you cut them off with a resounding “PENN STATE.”
Photo by Lauren Johnson