Have you been struggling with what to make this Easter weekend? Are you planning on showing off your baking skills but have run out of ideas to impress your family? We’ve got you covered this weekend.
With Easter coming up this weekend, a carrot cake recipe seemed like just the thing! Instead of baking a cake — Valley wants to switch it up and help you create carrot cake cupcakes. Cupcakes are easier to take with you when you are in a rush and easier to snack on.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of grated carrots
- Cupcake baking cups
What to do:
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, and oil until it is thick and foamy (1-2 minutes) Mix in the sour cream, vanilla, and carrots. Add the dry ingredients and stir until it is blended.
- Fill cupcake cups half full and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
If you want to create your own brown sugar cream cheese frosting, here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
What to do:
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and brown sugar until it is smooth. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the brown sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the vanilla, a little bit of salt, and enough powdered sugar to make a frosting thick enough to pipe.
Pro tip: If you are just going to spread the frosting on the cupcakes, cut the frosting recipe in half.
Whether you try this recipe out for Easter weekend or any other weekend, they will be a huge hit. Tag us at @ValleyMag so we can see how the cupcakes turned out!