Finding your signature scent and knowing you smell like the badass you are, can give you the boost of confidence you never knew you needed. Your scent can also be one of the first things someone notices about you, so it is important to make a good impression.
When you’re on the hunt for a new scent, figuring out what kind of perfume you like is kind of like dating. You might be searching for a classy floral scent or be the type to love a good musky vanilla. Maybe you want to smell flirty and fun or like a successful New York City business person?
Everyone has different likings when it comes to perfume, accompanied by a unique ‘sniffer’ and finding so what you like is completely up to you. Not to mention, shopping for new perfume or cologne scent can be stressful, especially when you can’t smell them in person – mask problems.
If you’re looking to switch up your signature scent, VALLEY has rounded up ten iconic perfume’s and sets on the market right now to help make perfume shopping a bit easier.
Santal 33 Eau de Parfum, $83
- This unisex scent is a delicious blend of cardamom, iris, violet, cedar wood and sandalwood. Many people compare the smell to a comforting musky leather scent and find it to be a smell associated with success. It is many people’s secret signature scent and is worn by A-list celebrities like Alexa Chung and Justin Bieber.
Glossier You Perfume, $60
- Glossier You is a warm and creamy scent that smells differently on everyone who uses it. It adjusts to your own unique skin chemistry with notes of iris root, musk, ambrette, ambrox and pink pepper. Reviewers described it as the kind of scent that will make people remember you.
‘REPLICA’ Deluxe Mini Coffret Set, $68
- This set of five mini Maison Margiela perfumes lets you try out different elegant scents to switch up depending on your mood and the occasion. Sailing day gives off ocean vibes with notes of iris and red seaweed accord. Beach Walk brings you back to summer with the smell of lemon, coconut milk and cedarwood. Jazz Club is spicy and woodsy, taking you back the roaring 1920s with a blend of tobacco lead and rum. Lazy Sunday Morning is a soft floral perfume with pear, iris and musk. By the Fireplace is warm and spicy with the scents of clove, chestnut and vanilla. You are sure to find a favorite in this set.
Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum, $76
- Wearers rave about this scent for its edgy and sensual scent. Black Opium is an addictive mix of coffee, vanilla, orange blossom, jasmine and pear. This perfume is perfect for a night on the town.
Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne, $72
- Jo Malone created this perfume with notes of ambrette seeds, sea salt and sage. A unique beachy scent that can be worn every day.
Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum, $74
- This scent is warm and modern with hints of Iris, Vanilla and Praline. It is described as a complex scent that’ll leave you with tons of compliments.
Marc Jacobs Decadence, $50
- This Marc Jacobs fragrance is full of a blend of plum, rose, amber and saffron making you smell expensive. It is described as a very sensual and glamorous perfume leaving a great impression on everyone you meet.
Prada La Femme Intense Eau de Parfum, $100
- The unique smell of the frangipani flower mixed with vanilla and beeswax makes this the type of perfume you’ll always get questions on what you’re wearing. This perfume just looks like liquid gold so you can imagine it smelling expensive as well.
Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Eau de Toilette, $60
- Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet is an iconic everyday fragrance with notes of rose, peony and white musk. This feminine fragrance is a very versatile perfume you can wear grocery shopping or on a picnic date at Old Main that’ll last on your skin.
Sephora Perfume Sampler Set, $68
- This sampler set allows you to try out 13 perfumes ranging from Marc Jacobs Daisy Love to Prada Candy for a fraction of the price of one. After trying out the samples for your new signature scent, a scent certificate is included to redeem a full size of your favorite. It definitely helps you save a few dollars all while letting you try out a range of different scents.
Tag us @VALLEYmag on Twitter and let us know what your signature scent is!