This application has been extended. If interested in joining our photography staff please submit all application materials by January 30, 2015.
Do you want your photos recognized around campus? Do you want to be more involved at PSU? Do you want to build up your portfolio and get more photography experience? If so, get your cameras ready – we want YOU!
We are currently looking for photographers to join our staff for the Spring 2015 semester. We invite students of all majors with an interest in photography to apply. However, some necessary qualifications include:
- Must be a full-time Penn State student
- Must own or have access to an SLR digital camera
- Proficient experience with Photoshop
- Good time-mangement skills
- Respect for deadlines
As a photographer for Valley Magazine you will:
- Attend weekly meetings with Valley’s editorial staff
- Have the opportunity to shoot for our bi-annual print editions of the magazine
- Be required to submit photographs for 1-2 online articles per week
Photo assignments could consist of commercial, advertisement, beauty/fashion, and events around campus, including THON.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ALL VALLEY MAGAZINE STAFF MEMBERS:
– Attend weekly meetings. Photography and Editorial staff meetings will be held on Monday nights at 8 p.m.
– Attend, participate and contribute to all Valley Magazine events.
– Agree to not write or work for other publications specific to our campus. This includes The Daily Collegian, Onward State, HerCampus and Spoon University (PSU). If you have any questions regarding whether a publication you currently write or work for is acceptable please email Samantha Allen at sallen0714
– Agree to commit to our staff for the entire semester.
If interested, please send the application (found below), your resume and a portfolio/sample of your work to Amanda Hunt at email@example.com. We can’t wait to have you join the Valley staff!