With many turning to healthier dietsâ€”non-processed foods and organic purchasesâ€”it can seem difficult to indulge without feeling like you have to ditch those decadent pastries. Luckily, there are many recipes popping up that come in a variety of healthy options.
Valley is giving you a dairy-free zucchini brownie recipe that willÂ prove healthy food can still taste just as delicious, if not better!
What Youâ€™ll Need
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Preheat oven to 350ËšF
- Peel and grate zucchini into a bowl
- Add in and mix both wet and dry ingredients
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips into mixture and stir well
- Coat baking pan with butter or coconut oil and pour in brownie mixture
- Sprinkle atop another 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean
- In a heated saucepan, add remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips with a pinch of salt
- Stir until melted
- Pour chocolate mixture atop brownies and spread until fully coated
- (Optional) Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top
The best thing about this recipe? Make as many variations as you want! You can substitute theÂ sugar for a coconut sugar or stevia alternative,Â switch to whole wheat flour and even try out dairy-free chocolate chips. This recipe is both delicious and practical when it comes to making it a healthier option for those cheat days.
If you try to make this recipe yourself, show us! Tag us in photos at @ValleyMag.