Mexican street tacos are a recipe receiving tons of attention over social media. In addition, this recipe can be adjusted to your dietary needs or restrictions while being all-around delicious.
What You’ll Need: Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 small cloves of roughly chopped garlic
What You’ll Do: Chipotle Vinaigrette
- Following Jenifer Segal’s Chipotle inspired vinaigrette, combine the listed in ingredients in a blender or food processer till smooth.
What You’ll Need: Mexican Street Tacos
- Your choice meat, fish or meat alternative
- small tortillas
- cooking oil
- organic taco seasoning
- lime juice (for topping)
What You’ll Do: Mexican Street Taco’s
For our taco contents, well stick to the basics; cheese, your choice of meat, fish or meatless alternative and fresh salsa.
- In a frying pan with your choice of oil, cook your meat, fish or meatless alternative entirely through.
- Once cooked through add any organic taco meat seasoning to the pan with some water to allow the base to absorb the flavors.
- Allowing that to simmer, covered on low heat for 7-10 minutes will allow for flavorful absorption.
- Next, we take your choice of tortilla, whether it be flour, corn or whole grain, and dunk both sides in our fresh vinaigrette and begin cooking the tortillas in a large pan lightly sprayed with non-stick or cooking oil. (We love the Mission whole grain flour street taco tortillas because they’re perfect in size have a great ingredient list). Lightly searing both sides will add flavor and crisp to the tortilla.
- Following flipping the tortilla to cook its other side we add our shredded Mexican cheese and “meat” base right atop the cheese to allow it to begin melting on the cooked side of the tortilla and under the heat of our base.
- These ingredients should remain on one side of the tortilla so we can fold it in half after the cheese is fully melted. The cheese should act as glue for the folded tortilla.
What You’ll Need: Fresh Tomato Salsa
- red onions
- salt, pepper and paprika
What You’ll Do: Fresh Tomato Salsa
- For prep, we’ll begin by dicing our tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Then combine all of our chopped ingredients in a bowl, along with some salt, pepper and paprika.
- The freshness of this salsa is the perfect final touch those these tacos and should be added in right away following their plating.
This recipe pairs perfectly with homemade guacamole and a few lime margarita’s, these Mexican street-inspired tacos are absolutely unbeatable.
These delicious tacos and quick and very simple to make, and are a great way to impress your dinner guests with fun, interactive recipes that make Taco Tuesday completely irresistible.
Check out some more of VALLEY ‘s amazing recipes!