Spread healthy holiday cheer this season with these refreshing sweet treats. Strawberry Santas take no more than 30 minutes and require very few ingredients – the perfect combination for busy students this time of year.
What you will need:
1 lb. large strawberries
1 can dark sprinkles
8 oz. (1 package) cream cheese
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do:
1) After rinsing the strawberries, cut off the tip of the strawberry with enough left to be used as a hat. Carefully clean out the remainder of the strawberry and set aside.
2) In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until the mixture is creamy.
3) If you’re fresh out of piping bags, add cheesecake mixture to a plastic sandwich bag and cut off the corner as a piping bag substitute.
4) Fill strawberries with mixture and decorate as you wish. Mini chocolate chips, raisins or sesame seeds can be used for Santa’s eyes.
5) Don’t forget to add and decorate Santa’s hat!
Photo provided by Amelia Friedrichs