Healthy eating and college don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand, but knowing the right tricks can help turn eating right into a daily routine. So have a seat and dine with D’Amico, your guide for navigating the health-food scene without taking a chunk out of your schedule.
Halloween is one of the best times of the year. Who doesn’t love dressing up in silly costumes and gorging on candy just like when we were kids? I know I love Halloween, but I hate the thought of killing my healthy eating streak with so many tempting seasonal foods. Deviled eggs are a great party treat, or a snack between friends. I gave this recipe a spooky Halloween spin to satisfy everyone’s holiday cravings.
4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
2 whole black olives, sliced
Sriracha (for decoration)
Paprika to taste
1. Scoop out the yolk from the hardboiled eggs and mash with a fork.
2. Add vinegar, mustard, mayo, and paprika and mix.
3. Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves.
4. Place an olive slice in the center of the yolk mixture of each egg.
5. Decorate with sriracha, using lines going out from the olive to the edge of the yolk.
6. Enjoy your spooky deviled egg eyes!
Photos by Jose Miguel Ponte