It’s hard to find a dessert that’s easy to make. It’s even harder to find an easy dessert that’s healthy. While I’m not saying that this dessert is good for you per sey, it’s definitely on the healthier end of the dessert spectrum. Because it’s mostly fruit, you can have a decent-sized portion without giving yourself a stomach ache and a sugar high. Plus, when it comes right out of the oven or microwave, it’s the perfect warm and cozy treat for the State College winter.
What you’ll need:
glass or ceramic baking pan
4 cups frozen blueberries
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup all purpose or gluten-free flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
What to do:
1. Grease pan and put in blueberries.
2. In a bowl melt 1/2 stick butter in the microwave.
3. Add flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt and oats.
4. Mix butter and dry ingredients and sprinkle over fruit.
5. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes.