Healthy eating and college don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand, but knowing the right tricks can help turn eating right into a daily routine. So have a seat and dine with D’Amico, your guide for navigating the health-food scene without taking a chunk out of your schedule.
Looking for a pick-me-up salad after a hard workout? It’s vegetarian, packed with protein and so delicious. It is also a great way to revamp some foods you may have laying around the kitchen. Take five minutes out of your busy day to try this salad-you won’t be disappointed.
1 Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger
1 slice reduced fat American cheese
2 cups spring mix
½ tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning
1. Heat burger in microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds
2. Top with cheese and microwave for remaining 10 seconds
3. Cut burger into bite size pieces and spread over spring mix
4. Drizzle salad with olive oil and vinegar
5. Top with seasonings (feel free to add any you like)