Welcome to A Dash of Healthy!Â Columnist Corinne Fierro is a girl on a mission to reinvent what it means to be healthy in college, one meal at a time. Sheâ€™sÂ here to guide you through the kitchen, from the aisles of your grocery store to the finished plate. Catch Corinne every week for a new healthy recipe, along with her favorite tips, tricks and advice for eating well on a college budget.
CHOCOLATE-BANANA OATMEAL CUPS
During finals, Doritos seem like an acceptable snack option. We have no time, and when our school life gets hectic, our personal livesâ€”especially our eating habitsâ€”fall by the wayside.
This year, we’re giving you an easy alternative that’s clean, healthy, and delicious to keep you going through your hours of studying. With healthy fiber and potassium from the bananas, protein in the oats to keep you full and a touch of dark chocolate, our chocolate oatmeal cups have got your back this finals week.
What you’ll need:
3 mashed yellow, ripe bananas
1 cup milk of your choice
3 cups whole grain steel cut oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1 mixing bowl
butter to grease the muffin pan
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips together in a mixing bowl, let sit
3. Grease the muffin pan with the butter
4. Stir chocolate chips into the batter
5. Spoon into muffin pan
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until you see the edges starting to brown and the muffins are firm to the touch
7. Remove from pan and let cool for 5 minutes