We all have those beloved stories that impacted our lives at a specific time. The types of stories that gave you a new perspective or incentive to do something or strive towards. The following list is a combination of highly regarded classics, well-known modern novels, a nonfiction medical account and a world dominating series. Regardless of what type of genre you love to read, this list includes something for you. Consider picking one up next time youâ€™re laying in bed looking for the next series to binge-watch on Netflix. You never know, you may love it!
My Pick: The Great Gatsby
Why: You canâ€™t go wrong with this 1925 classic about love and money in New York City. F. Scott Fitzgerald lived in a different time, but everything about this novel is comfortably relatable.
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner