We all have those beloved stories that impacted our lives at a specific time. The types of stories that gave you a new perspective or incentive to do something or strive towards. The following list is a combination of highly regarded classics, well-known modern novels, a nonfiction medical account and a world dominating series. Regardless of what type of genre you love to read, this list includes something for you. Consider picking one up next time you’re laying in bed looking for the next series to binge-watch on Netflix. You never know, you may love it!
My Pick: The Great Gatsby
Why: You can’t go wrong with this 1925 classic about love and money in New York City. F. Scott Fitzgerald lived in a different time, but everything about this novel is comfortably relatable.
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner