Being the only single one in your friend group— we’ve all been there. Sometimes it has its perks and sometimes it can get really annoying. These are the twelve things that happen when you’re the only single friend left.
1. When your friends have “date nights” you get left home…. A lot.
Sometimes you actually forget how single you are until you’re home alone.
2. Because you no longer want to be left out, you ask them to set you up.
And you immediately regret it.
3. Once times get really tough, you take things into your own hands and try out Tinder.
It’s entertaining for like a week and then you quickly decide to give up and keep living the single life.
4. You master being the 3rd, 5th, 7th, sometimes even 9th wheel when you hang out with your friends in groups.
5. You start dreading the holiday season early because your friends are already planning cute couple dates in front of you.
6. Your friends eventually get so used to you being around that they begin to forget you’re in the room…. all the time.
And it starts getting annoying.
So you have to remind them to tone down the PDA.
7. They always come to you for help when they’re fighting.
And you try your best to help but sometimes you get stuck in the middle of it.
8. When one of your friends breaks up with their significant other, you celebrate.
And welcome them back to singleness.
9. You end up becoming a little desensitized when your friends are constantly breaking up with each other.
And then after all of the drama they get back together.
10. Dated functions are a nightmare because you usually go with your friends, but everyone is coupled up.
So you find a way to cope.
11. You become way too invested in your friends’ relationships.
Because you really just want them all to be happy, even if you’re the only single left.
12. Your friends continue to love and support you through your singleness.
And remind you that you’re never actually alone.
Being the only single left in a big group of friends is never ideal, but a good sense of humor and an optimistic attitude are essential to surviving it. Some days we might get a little lonely or miss having a single wingman (or wingwoman), but don’t forget that at the end of the day, we won’t have to share our leftovers or our beds with anyone.
All gifs found at gify.com.