Sometimes when you’re craving something sweet, it can be hard to find a dessert that isn’t full of preservatives and large amounts of sugar. Luckily, Valley has an easy recipe for a healthy and scrumptious take on the famous PB&J. These vegan peanut butter and jelly cookies are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
1 cup of almond flour
1/2 cup of oat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 of peanut butter or almond butter (This can be any kind of nut butter!)
Jelly or jam of your choice
What You’ll Do
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, vanilla, and oats into a bowl.
3. Add the maple syrup. Depending on the type, the syrup can be pretty thick, so don’t be afraid to mix with your hands! Organic maple syrup tends to be thinner and may mix easier.
4. Add nut butter. This can be peanut butter, almond butter or any other type of nut butter that you prefer.
5. Mix all ingredients together and form into balls. Make sure to flatten them lightly so they aren’t perfectly round.
6. Using your thumb, make a slight indent in the center of the dough ball. This indent will serve as a place to put your jelly or jam later.
7. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and place the dough balls evenly apart from one another.
8. Put the trays in the oven and allow them to bake for 10 minutes.
9. After baking, let cool.
10. Using a jelly, jam or marmalade of your choice, place a small amount into each indent of the cookies.
11. In the microwave, briefly melt the nut butter you used previously and drizzle on top of the cookies.
These cookies are both more delicious and healthier than many other options out there. They’re also easy and quick to make! If you indulge in this recipe, share your photos with @ValleyMag on Twitter and Instagram!