Let’s be real, getting out of bed is the hardest step in any morning routine. Why wake up early when we can spend five more minutes surrounded by our warm blankets and soft pillows, right? So, for the days when you’ve hit your snooze button one too many times, VALLEY is sharing this recipe to help you get out the door that much quicker. They’re egg muffin cups and can be prepared on a Sunday so you can hit the ground running on Monday.
What You’ll Need:
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Cupcake baking pan
- Pam cooking spray
- Large bowl
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray your cupcake baking pan with Pam, then set the pan aside.
- Start off by cracking the eggs into a large bowl. Whisk until all of the yolks are blended.
- Then, start chopping up your vegetables. Dice them up finely so that all of the egg cups get a generous amount of each vegetable.
- Once all of your vegetables are prepared, start whisking them into the large bowl with the eggs.
- Finally, mix in the feta cheese (but you can choose whichever type of cheese you prefer).
- Once everything is mixed together, take a spoon and fill each cupcake tin up halfway.
- Place your baking pan into the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the egg is full cooked through.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool before about 6-7 minutes before removing them from the pan.
This recipe is super simple to prepare and can easily be customized to fit your food preferences.
Once they cool down you can take them out of the pan and can stick them in the refrigerator, and voilà, you have breakfast for the whole week.
To reheat, simply place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and enjoy. How quick is that?! You can also put these delicious treats in saran wrap and keep them frozen for up to three months! So go ahead, hit snooze, you deserve it.