With six more weeks of winter ahead of us according to Punxsutawney Phil, those cold temperatures aren’t going anywhere. If walking to the dining halls or going out to dinner in this cold weather doesn’t appeal to you, Valley has the ideal recipe for an easy home cooked meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
(Choose vegetables of your liking. I typically use carrots, peas, green beans and corn)
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grand’s Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
How To Make It
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook chicken in medium-sized skillet. Dice into small pieces.
3. In a medium bowl, combine thawed vegetables, chicken and soup. Mix Well.
4. Press each biscuit into 5 1/2-inch round circles.
5. Place 1 pressed biscuit per greased regular-sized muffin cups (will make 8 servings). Firmly press the bottom and sides, forming 3/4-inch rim around the muffin cup. (*Note: Make sure to add water in the bottom of the unused muffin cups before placing in oven)
6. Spoon 1/3 cup of the chicken, vegetable and soup mixture into each muffin cup.
7. Pull edges of dough over the filling towards the center of the muffin cup. Pinch dough to hold in place.
8. Bake at 375°F for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
9. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan.
Photos by Katie Wall