When you’re on the floor at THON, it’s easy to overlook the smaller details (there’s a lot of neon going on, so if you don’t see spots before your eyes, that’s an accomplishment). We love the small things in life so we took to the floor to spot our favorite nail designs.
1. Maddie Brown (Gamma Sigma Sigma) chose to paint her nails a pretty pink and add some colorful candy-colored specks. “I just wanted something fun and festive for THON,” she says.
2. Megan Sweeney (Morale) showed her THON spirit with a white base, colorful FTK designs and a gold-glittery accent thumb.
3. Sarah Mannon (Rules and Regulations) honored a Four Diamonds child through her pink nails with silver accents. “Pink is in remembrance of my org, Omega Phi Alpha. Miranda was our THON child. Her favorite color was pink.”
4. Larissa Steeb (Tapestry) had a girl in her organization paint her nails an eye-catching coral with teal accents to show off her love for THON and the kids.
5. Melissa Montano (Entertainment) matched her black-and-silver nails to her committee’s colors for this year. “I had to keep it simple this year since our color is black,” she says.
6. Lauren McCauley (Public Relations) repped the purple of her committee with her different-colored purple nails with touches of glitter and a white accent.
7. Jenne Lahov (Everyday) painted her nails robin’s egg blue with yellow to keep her org’s colors fully represented while she danced.
Whether your nails are chipped, one color, two colors or fully decked out in FTK pride, you can represent THON throughout the year with one of these ideas. Or even get some inspiration for next year…
Photos by Sabine Clermont