Breast Cancer Awareness month may be coming to a close, but the fight against cancer never stops. In honor of saving ta-tas everywhere, here are some of the best slogans and campaigns from the funny to the inspirational, that you can follow all year long.
Fighting cancer with comedy
- Save the Ta-Tas: Save the Ta-Tas is a foundation committed to funding research to end breast cancer. It prefers to use humor as a tool to talk about breast cancer education, research and community outreach. Their T-shirt slogans are full of comedy gems: “100% Natural Ta-Tas,” “If loving ta-tas is wrong, I don’t wanna be right” and “Green saves trees, pink saves these.”
- Breast Cancer Fund: The Breast Cancer Fund looks at the environmental impacts on breast cancer and what we can do to eliminate those risks. Their slogan fuses both into a snappy three words: “Cans Not Cancer.”
- Keep a Breast (get it?): Keep a Breast works to remove the shame associated with breasts and breast health. We’ve all seen their print rubber bracelets with the cutesy slogan: “I Heart Boobies.”
Staying strong in the face of adversity
- Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign: Evelyn Lauder, an executive at Estèe Lauder and a woman credited with helping popularize the pink ribbon symbol, started a global campaign in 1992 for breast cancer education and medical research. The overall message is one that unites the many countries that take part in the campaign: “Let’s Defeat Breast Cancer. We’re Stronger Together.”
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance: The alliance helps people living with metastatic breast cancer and their families. Its members include organizations from all over including Susan G. Komen, the Avon Foundation for Women and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Their slogan has a similarly unifying theme: “Together we are stronger than the disease.”
- Glam-a-thon: Being a diva isn’t easy but it’s a lot more fun when you’re with hundreds of other divas marching in your best hot-pink stilettos. The walk’s goal is to bring hope and fun to neighborhoods so that one day we can “Kiss cancer goodbye.”
Shaking up the system
- National Football League: It’s easy to forget that men can get breast cancer too so it’s exciting and awesome that the NFL gets in on the pink power to bring men into the loop. Their slogan reminds everyone that an annual screening is important in combating breast cancer to make “A crucial catch.”
- Breast Cancer Action: This group is a watchdog on companies or organizations that produce pink products to commemorate the awareness month but may be contributing to the cancer epidemic. It asks us to look into the sponsors, be aware and “Think before you pink.”
- National Breast Cancer Coalition: The coalition is not playing around. It is on a mission to end breast cancer by Jan. 1, 2020 and has a countdown clock to tick down every last second. It’s not a slogan but it’s a powerful way to say enough is enough to breast cancer (and cancer in general).
Whether your boobs be big, small, saggy or perky, breast cancer is a serious issue. Let these campaigns and slogans inspire you to honor breasts everywhere in your own way and stay inspired to empower your boobs.
Photo by Lauren Matakas