This tasty treat is definitely a step above your everyday brownie, and with good reason, too. Make these bad boys for parties, friends, birthdays or those weeks when you just need apple streusel cheesecake bars. Whatever the occasion, they’re bound to be a crowd favorite.
What you need:
1 pouch Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°, spray bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
2. Place cookie mix into large bowl. With a fork (or your hands), cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and course.
3. Take crumb mixture and press in bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. While crust bakes, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer on medium until smooth.
5. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled baked crust.
6. In a medium bowl, mix pie filling and cinnamon. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes, and let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for about 2 hours, and be sure to store bars covered in refrigerator.
Photo by Amelia Friedrichs