There are not many things that compare to the glory of Bagel Bites, but this baked stuffed tomato recipe comes pretty close. We know, these don’t exactly look like the greasy pizza bagel heaven we all dream of, but your taste buds might convince you otherwise. Eggs and tomatoes are a match made in heaven and baking them together in the oven creates pure food harmony…that happens to taste pretty similar to Bagel Bites. We know— amazing.
With this recipe, you can fill your kitchen with the smell of fresh tomatoes and childhood while also enjoying a nutritious meal that won’t leave you feeling like a greasy mess. After topping these tomatoes with cheese, guacamole, salsa or eating with a piece of toast, you’ll be saying goodbye to oven pizza in no time.
What You’ll Need:
What You’ll Do:
1. Cut the top off each tomato and core out the insides until you make a little “bowl” deep enough to crack an egg inside.
2. Take your tinfoil, crunch it up and make little rings for your tomatoes to rest on. This is so they don’t tip over in the oven.
3. Next, take your tomatoes and brush olive oil around the sides so they don’t stick to the tinfoil. Place them in the rings and put them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
4. Crack your eggs inside the tomatoes and sprinkle the tops with chopped chives.
5. Carefully place the tray in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
6. Take out your baked tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!
You can eat these tomatoes for any meal and you can add whatever toppings you like. And of course, make sure to not to over bake your stuffed tomatoes because no one wants to miss out on that glorious yolk porn.