There is nothing worse than having a fantastic idea for a Halloween costume on a random day in June, then all of a sudden, it is the week before Halloween, and the best you can come up with is an angel or a cat.
So VALLEY is here to help. In preparation for this five-day Halloweekend — yes, you heard us correctly— from the 27th on thirsty Thursday all the way through to the day of Halloween on Monday, if you are like us, you will want a new and fun costume for each day. And that is completely valid! We have compiled two lists: the top hottest projected costumes for Halloween 2022 and classic (but not basic) ideas that you cannot go wrong with.
Most Popular Halloween Costumes for 2022
- Elvis and Priscilla: This has to be the most obvious costume on the list, but VALLEY could not be more excited about it. With one Elvis movie out and another on the way, we are expecting to see numerous, creative variations of this iconic couple.
- Eddie Munson and Chrissy Cunningham: “Stranger Things” season 4 had us glued to our TV screens. But the most unexpected thing to come out of that season was the fandom’s quick, strong taking of Eddie and Chrissy. *Spoiler Alert* Even though they did not stay very long, they stole our hearts. So we are anticipating seeing this duo a lot.
- Jesse Pinkman and Walter White: Every couple of months, “Breaking Bad” regains popularity, especially on TikTok. For this idea, VALLEY thinks that it is something more laid back and DIY-able than other costumes. If you are a fan of the show, or just want to use one of the funny TikTok audios, this idea is really perfect for funny friends.
- Maverick, Goose and Iceman: The sequel to the beloved classic, “Top Gun: Maverick” was one of 2022’s highest-grossing films. This is a costume for the trios. Nothing was more iconic in the ’80s than seeing Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer and Anthony Edwards play shirtless beach volleyball. And with the new resurgence of interest in the film thanks to the sequel — and Miles Teller — these costumes will be just as iconic.
Some Not Basic but Classic Halloween Looks
- The twins from “The Shining”
- Britney Spears’s “Slave for You”
- Carrie from “Carrie”
- Beetlejuice and Lydia
- The Statue of Liberty and Uncle Sam
- Elton John
- Black Swan and White Swan from “Swan Lake”
- Lil’ Bo Peep
- Wednesday Adams
- Betty Boop
- Men in Black
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith
- Casey Becker from “Scream”
- American Psycho
- David Bowie
- Sherlock and Dr. Watson
Five days for Halloween weekend is a lot, but we can’t lie about how excited we are about it. There is something for everyone on these lists from scary and funny to sexy.